Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homemade Face Wash

I read about this HERE and have LOVED it ever since.

Basically I take equal parts olive oil and castor oil, mix them together, and use that as my face wash. I rub it onto my face, and let it sit awhile (usually while I'm washing my hair or shaving my legs). Then I take a washcloth and after getting it wet with the hot shower water, I cover my face. I allow the washcloth to stay until it cools (usually while rinsing my hair out). Then I wipe the oil gently away and rinse the washcloth well in the hot, shower water. I do this 2 or 3 times.

It definitely takes a little longer than store bought facewash but the results are worth it! I haven't had to put moisturizer on my face daily (like I have my entire life) and I have never had clearer skin! I do use moisturizer occasionally, just not nearly as often!

No comments:

Post a Comment